Tank Eheim Vivaline 240 l, heater Hydor ETH 300, filter Eheim professionel 3 350

Plan: mangrove river estuary, SG 1.002


2 Toxotes Microlepis (Archerfish), 6 Melanotaenia Boesemani (Rainbowfish), Neritina Natalensis (Zebra Nerite), Clithon Corona

Mangrove environments around the world

Thursday 2 August 2012

Updated layout

Here's a picture of the new aquascape, of which I'm not yet very satisfied. It just... doesn't look natural. I have added more hanging leaves, and more I have yet to add. The Vallis is experiencing the expected removal trauma, let's see if I can make it just LIVE.Three mangrove roots left.


The rainbows are doing quite fine, especially one of the females appears very confident. The archers, on the contrary, are shier than ever: they're spending the entire day hidden, and freak out as soon as I get close, histerically jumping or trying to go through the glass. They haven't really eaten in the past couple of days. I noticed that switching off the light will make them come out and eat a bit, though. I do have to decrease the amount of light, at least in certain parts of the tank; but now with all those plants around it's a bit complicate. Or else, I haved no idea what to do: I expected that the new neighbours would make the archers come out a bit more, but so far the opposite is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment