Tank Eheim Vivaline 240 l, heater Hydor ETH 300, filter Eheim professionel 3 350

Plan: mangrove river estuary, SG 1.002


2 Toxotes Microlepis (Archerfish), 6 Melanotaenia Boesemani (Rainbowfish), Neritina Natalensis (Zebra Nerite), Clithon Corona

Mangrove environments around the world

Sunday 11 October 2015

Shut down

Yesterday I shut down the tank.

My first experience was all in all quite good, no big problems with the fish, that clearly had priority, so the environment was chosen according to the hard water we have here in DK. Less happy with the plants. Of course, fertilizing would make the whole difference, but since I never fully got rid of diatoms I did it in really small amounts. Crypts eventually proved a decent choice.

Mangroves: same stuff, clearly suffering from low nutrients. One of the reached over 50 cm, which forced me to expand vertically the tank with a plexiglas box. Not bad at ll, if it wasn't for the fact that the archers kept it costantly dirty, by spitting all the time. But that's their job, after all. :-)

Fish given back to shop, with a voucher for next purchase. In January, a new start. Either entering the marine world, or - if that proves too complicate - a riparium-terrarium.

I cannot believe that, just by opening the blog to check how long this tank had lasted, I discovered that it was exactly 4 years: I had started the cycle on October 10, 2011! :-)

With this, I close this project. Thanks for all the visit the blog keeps receiving, it means it may be useful, to some of you.

Maurizio

No comments:

Post a Comment