Tank Eheim Vivaline 240 l, heater Hydor ETH 300, filter Eheim professionel 3 350

Plan: mangrove river estuary, SG 1.002


2 Toxotes Microlepis (Archerfish), 6 Melanotaenia Boesemani (Rainbowfish), Neritina Natalensis (Zebra Nerite), Clithon Corona

Mangrove environments around the world

Monday 10 October 2011

Start-up

Here we go. Day 1. Substrate rinsed (enough??) and settled. Just for the picture, I added the polyresin mangrove roots, and the corner stone to be soon covered with Java moss and Ceratophyllum demersum (they should be here in a week or so).
Compared to the tank volume (240 l), the water content adds to 150 l. The plan is to leave an aerial part of some 12 cm, to allow the archer fishes to perform. I'm not sure this clearance will be enough to have them spit, but there's only a way to find out... :-)
Water parameters measured:
GH 14 dH, KH 8 dH, pH 7.4, NO2 0 mg/l, NO3 >20 mg/l
(yeah, that's my tap water; I'm still unsure about the NO3 values, it's impossible to discriminate within that narrow color scale. I'm using Tropic Marin tests (I like all other tests in the box, though).


1 comment: